Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Directory mail merge

I do not think that it is possible to do that with that method of producing
such letters as any mergefields that you insert after the multiple data
items will pick up the data that applies to the next record.

If I was doing it, I would probably have the data in an Access database and
use a report in Access.

The other alternative is a "roll-your-own" substitute for mail merge that
uses a template as the main document and uses VBA code to interate through
the data source. creating new documents from the template when the key data
changes, and inserting the multiple data items into each letter prior to
going on to the next letter.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Kimberly" wrote in message
I read the article from Cornell and the MS article 294686 and understand
them
and have been successful implementing them. However, I'm wondering how to
add
other merge field(s) at the bottom of the page or after the multiple
records
only once (as if they were in the header), but before the page break.
For example an invoice: has header info at the top of the page, the middle
is multiple records (item, qty, price) and at the bottom a total for the
entire invoice. I can get this total field from the data source there is
no
need to sum). I can't figure out how to get the total field at the bottom
without it showing multiple times. Any advise would be greatly
appreciated.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Take a look at http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Simon J" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to prepare a mailmerge that is a letter with part of the
letter listing several rows of data to the recipient. The recipient
information is in the data file 5 times as there are then 5 pieces of
data that need listing in part of the letter before the letter is then
finished. There is some other information in the data file that needs
to go in the letter but that is supplied 5 times and is identical.

Hope that made sense? Can anyone help as i'm getting 5 letters out
each with one piece of the unique data as aposed to a list.

Many thanks
Simon