Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michael Michael is offline

Default Style Separator Used in a Frame (MS Word 2007)

Hello, I'm using MS Word 2007 on a PC with Windows XP.

Here is my issue:

I am putting a figure and caption in a frame, but i don't want the
entire caption to show up in my table of figures.

For example, I have a caption like:

Figure 2.1: Exploding Foil Initiator: (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram

I don't want the entire caption ": (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram" to
show up in my table of figures; therefore, I tried to use a style separator
and I have:

Figure 2.1: Exploding Foil Initiator % : (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram

where "%" is intended to represent the style separator symbol

The caption looks great when viewed on screen, however, when I print the
document or preview it, there's a line break, i.e., my caption is now:

Figure 2.1: Exploding Foil Initiator
: (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram

The ": (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram" is being pushed to the next line.

This only happens when I use a frame, if take the
caption out of the frame it looks perfectly fine, is there a way to work
around this?

Thank you for any help you can provide me...

--
Michael