WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Page X of Y - NumPages/Section pages

Hi Jade,

To replace the NumPages field with a SectionPages field in a Word document footer, you can follow these steps:
  1. Double-click on the footer of the page where you want to replace the NumPages field.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Quick Parts" button in the "Text" group.
  4. Select "Field" from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Field Names" list, select "SectionPages" and click on "OK".
  6. The SectionPages field will be inserted in the footer. You can format it as you like, for example, by adding the "Page X of Y" text before or after it.
  7. Repeat these steps for each section of your document.

By using the SectionPages field instead of the NumPages field, Word will calculate the number of pages in each section separately, so the page numbering in your footer will be correct.