Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Separating Headers From Page Numbers on Same Line

Use the odd/even headers/footers from file page setup. Left align the
header line and use a centre tab for the bit you want in the centre then a
right aligned tab for what you want on the right and no tab for what you
want on the left. Setup the odd and even pages separately.

Mattajang wrote:
This is my first time at writing a book. I want my page numbers on the
outside of my mirror-margined pages. I was able to do this fine, but
when I went back to put in my title/chaper headers on the odd/even
pages (I want these centered on the page), the page number moved to
the center also. When I moved the page number back to the outside,
the title/chapter moved over also. How can I correct this so that the
page number stays on the outside and the title/chapter stays in the
center? This is for Word 2003. Thanks so much for any help!