Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Default Vertical scroll changes to horizonal scroll, how to change it back

Hi,

I'm using office 2003 with sp3 and all the latest updates. Sometimes when
I'm in word and have a large document of many pages, the down scroll
(vertical) changes to side to side (horizontal). As I scroll up or down, it
scroll left and right. I've tried everything I can think of to change it
back, but can't find anything, the only way is to close the document and open
it.

I've also noticed that on large document, that the scroll won't scroll up
all the way, it stops at around line 4 or 5, if I click on the scroll bar and
move to the top, then the up and down scroll will change to left and right.

Im assuming that this is a bug in the office. Any idea how to change the
vertical scroll back to horizontal when this happens?

Thanks for any info.

Steve