Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat Falango Pat Falango is offline

Default Compare Documents

I just tried it again with two documents I intentionally made identical.
When I compared them I got no response. I guess this is Word's way of
telling me they are identical. It's just that I expected something, not
nothing.

Pat Falango wrote:
Yes, the resulting document was free of strikethroughs and
underlining. I guess that means they were identical. I got no error
message.
Dawn Crosier, MVP wrote:
If they were the same, the resulting document would not have any
underlining or strikethrough text. Are you sure you did not get an
error message or something?

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and
questions to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Pat Falango" wrote in message
I was using Tools|Track Changes|Compare Documents and it was working
fine. On my comparison I was comparing two documents that I was not
sure if they were identical or not. On my click to initiate the
compare I received no response. Is that because the two documents
are identical?