garfield-n-odie

Nope.

Fred Wagner wrote:

Thank you for your response. Over the last week I have disabled both MS
Anti-Spyware Beta 1 and my AVG Virus Scan ver 7.0.300 programs singularily
and together and the 3 min. delay continues. Numerous reboots, etc. WORD or
Excel sure act like it has an internal scan program. One person using Norton
had to disable "Office Plug-Ins" in Norton to get rid of the delay. Any
other ideas ?? ..Fred

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Office does not have a built-in virus scanner. What you're seeing is a
function of whatever antivirus program you have on your computer.

Fred Wagner wrote:

Just installed MSOffice 2003. Running WIN XP-Home version. It takes 3.0
minutes for the main office programs (Word, Excel, etc,) to load, then
another 3.0 minutes to load each .doc or .xls file. During the file loading
process a "RUNNING VIRUS SCAN" msg appears at the bottom of the screen.
I want to know how to turn off the automatic virus scan feature.