Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roy Batty Roy Batty is offline

Default Error message "Exchange Scan"

Tools- Protection Center -Add on Component- Search the Exchange Scan
component and disable it
;-)

"Witchdoctor" wrote:

Hi there;

I'm getting this error message as well. Here's my setup, WinXP Pro,
Office 2007, all updates done. I've currently got McAfee uninstalled and
I'm still getting the error message. When I try the suggested fix I get to
the Advanced Options and there is no button to Manage Add-ins. There is
also no option in Add/Remove to remove this. I'm gonna try removing Office
and reinstalling but I've already tried running the Office diagnostics.

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Hi Doug,

This is actually a programming group (COM Addins originally)

For the poster:

There is an Exchange extension from a Network Associates anti-virus. The AV
has been disabled or partially uninstalled but the Exchange extension is
starting up and looking for its associated addin. In Outlook select Tools,
Options, Other tab, Advanced Options button, AddIn Manager button. Find and
uncheck the entry for that extension.

There may also be an entry for some addin related to that error, click the
COM Add-Ins button and look in that dialog for such an addin.

OK your way out of the Options dialog.

Or just uninstall the thing from Add/Remove Programs.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

This has nothing to do with Word. I have cross posted this response to
the microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins newsgroup where someone may
know something about it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sharona" wrote in message

I keep receiving a message which is a nuisance when I open Outlook

It says "The Add In "Exchange Scan" (C:Program Files\Network
Associates\Virus Scan\scanemall.dll) can not be loaded and has been
disabled
by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no
update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.