Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
George Riley George Riley is offline

Default How to stop cursor flicker in Word?

Klaus,
Setting the column width to "Fixed" worked!

I am embarassed to say that I can't find what other effects Autofit Column
Width Fixed is going to have on the table. It is a large table with varied
column widths and complex cell merges both vertical and horizontal. The
change didn't have any obvious (yet) detrimental effect. Is it going to
cause problems further down the line (after a lot of work)?
George

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

Hi George,

Setting the table width to "fixed" (Table AutoFit) might perhaps help?

Regards,
Klaus

"George Riley" George wrote:
When I am editing a large table, which I do a LOT, the cursor flickers
crazily while the spellchecker icon is working in the bar at the bottom
of the window. I turned off the spellchecker, gramar checker and the
smart tags and the spellchecker icon went away. This makes the
flicker not las as long, but it still happens when I move the cursor.