Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Karin Karin is offline

Default Calculating Dates

Graham,

I have two ask fields (LetterDate and YearEndDate). I want to change text
based on the dates:

If LetterDate is = YearEndDate "ending" "ended"

I can have the information entered in the ask fields in any format, but it
needs to be displayed as mmmm dd, yyyy (January 16, 2007) in the letter.

I'm not much of a programmer, but it doesn't seem like this should be so
difficult.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The short answer is that you can do this - if
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902 doesn't give you any
ideas, tell us what you are trying to do.

Karin wrote:
After a lot of searching of this forum, the knowledge base, and the
help files, I can't help but wonder

Why can't Word handle dates?

Why can't I ask a user for different date information and do
calculations on the input?