Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bob W Bob W is offline

Default Calculating Dates

Macropod has the calculations perfect, but I need a way of making the setup
of one of his amazing date field calculations, 'user-interactive'. Here's
what I'm trying to do:

A word .doc has a table that shows a proposed event schedule in this format:
Event 1 (notification to proceed [ntp])
Event 2 (ntp+5 days)
Event 3 (ntp+12 days)
etc.

The goal is to let the user type in an initial NTP date in the first row,
and type in various numbers of days in the remaining rows, and then by
refreshing all the fields, the actual calendar dates for all the subsequent
events are automagically calculated and appear in the table.

example of desired results:
Event 1 (notification to proceed [ntp]): January 1, 2009 typed by user)
Event 2 (ntp+5 days): January 6, 2009 (automatically calculated)
Event 3 (ntp+12 days) January 13, 2009 (automatically calculated)

Macropod's calcuation for this, (found in his downloadable DateCalc
document) is entitled, "calculate a day, month and year, using n days delay".
It requires key values in his field calculation formula to be manually
modified by the 'programmer' - how do we make them user-interactive?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
if you are a field masochist/afficionado like fellow MVP Macropod, you
can do it as shown at:

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902