Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Cheryl is offline

Default Header page number starting on page 4, but need it to read page 1

I have a Word document that has a title and page numbering in the header. I
have Office 2003.

I had to add a 3 page letter to the front of my document, which has now
thrown off the numbering in the header. I'd like to change the header
starting on page 4 to read page 1 and then the rest of the document numbered
consecutively. I don't want the first 3 pages to show a header or numbers.

I've checked past threads and this link:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

For the past 3 hours I've been working on these instructions and I can't get
what I want to work for me which has been frustrating. Please don't send me
to the above link. The instructions do not help me with the header numbering
starting with 1 on page 4. Can anyone help with better instructions? Thanks
so much.