WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to make one large letter per 81/2x11 page top to bottom?

To make one large letter per 8 1/2 x 11 page top to bottom, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open a new Microsoft Word document.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Text Box" button and select "Draw Text Box."
  4. Click and drag your mouse to create a text box that covers the entire page.
  5. Type the letter you want to use as your stencil inside the text box.
  6. Highlight the letter and increase the font size to 800-850.
  7. Click on the "Layout Options" button that appears next to the text box.
  8. Select "In Front of Text" and then "Fix Position on Page."
  9. Click and drag the text box to the top of the page, making sure the top of the letter is at the very top of the page.
  10. Print out the page and use it as your stencil for creating lettering on your sign.

If the letter still starts too low on the page, you can try adjusting the margins of the document. To do this, click on the "Page Layout" tab at the top of the screen, click on "Margins," and select "Custom Margins." From there, you can adjust the top margin to make more space at the top of the page for your letter stencil.

I hope this helps you create your letter stencils and complete your sign project!