Spike Tenny

Default How can I edit a Word 2000 symbol?

I want to make a small change to an existing Word 2000 symbol (Wingdings
2:157), however I cannot find a way to do this. The symbol uses a full stop
(or period) and I want the same symbol but with a comma in it (not a period).

I have tried to copy the symbol and edit it with a paint package, but the
lines of the font no longer look clean and thin, instead they look fuzzy, the
is exacerbated as I am trying to use a 10 point font. I have tried to edit
it in PowerPoint, but the symbol is too small to adjust.

Any ideas where I am going wrong? Word Perfect had a built in editor did it
not? Should I be looking for a 3rd party route?