Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Quotes not appearing with single key press

You have (apparently inadvertently) enabled an international keyboard
layout. Check Control Panel | Regional Options or Keyboard for settings that
might affect this.

"John Slaughter" John wrote in message
All of a sudden quotes do not work with a single key press. They only

appear
after I press another key. If I press the quote key twice, I get a double
quote. This happens in Notepad as well as Word. I assume other

applications
may also be affected.

How do I get this back so the quote (single and double) appear when I

press
the key?