smcash

Ok, I noticed a few things. First you need to use a COMPARE, and you've got
some quotes out of place. Here is what I did:

{IF { = OF ( { COMPARE "{ MERGEFIELD County }" = "Hillsborough" }, { COMPARE
"{ MERGEFIELD County }" = "Pinellas" } ) } = 1 "Test Positive" "Test
Negative" }

Also, you can't just type the curly braces, but must insert them with
Ctrl+F9. But you probably knew that already.

-smcash

"Lara Z" wrote:

Yes, obviously, but if this is a valid operator what is the syntax for using
it - either in general or with my example, as everything I have tried has
not worked...?? I tried the following and it does not work, i.e., does not
return "Test Positive" or "Test Negative" .

{ IF { = OR ({MERGEFIELD "County"}="Hillsborough", {MERGEFIELD
"County"}="Pinellas")} =1 "Test Positive" "Test Negative"}