Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default You need to change the paste special

No one here is "within Microsoft."

You don't bother to say what version of Word you use, but you can
simply add the "Paste Unformatted" command as a button on your QAT
(Word2007) or on whichever toolbar(s) you choose (Word2003), using the
Customize procedure.

On Aug 7, 11:04*am, MyHandsy
wrote:
I am (somewhat) sure someone within Microsoft is concerned about the
usability of Office. In particular, I am referring to the Word component. As
it turns out, Word is quite bad at making specially formatted items look
normal, and it is almost never the case that I even wanted it to try.

So, why do you people think it's OK to bury the "past special" option? In
order to paste something as simply text, I have to get it into the clipboard
and then go back to word (keystroke) select the past menu (mouse movement and
click) select paste special (mouse movement and click) select "unformatted
text" (mouse movement and click) then click "ok" (mouse movement and click).
Not acceptable. I am surprised you haven't been sued for causing CTDs for
this feature alone. Four mouse movements, four clicks, and a keystroke is
very bad for something that is routinely used.

On the bright side, it is far faster for me to open notepad (mouse movement
and click), paste (keystroke) select all (keystroke) and copy (keystroke),
and go back to Word and paste (keystroke). One mouse movement and four
(consecutive) keystrokes... hundreds of dollars for the office suite and I
have to rely on notepad to launder my clipboard items?

Whatever data you've collected suggesting that it's better to make it
difficult to paste just the text is just wrong. There is absolutely no excuse
for a "paste as plain text" option to be missing from the context menu in
Word. If there is a religious war going on inside Microsoft preventing this
from happening, please fire a lot of people.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....mspx?mid=cc44....