Anne Troy

Default Batch process to change Word docs security level?

I thought that the entry I sent you to DOES cover subdirectories? If not,
look for the one that does (there is one) at
www.vbaexpress.com/kb/kblist.php
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"pjs" wrote in message
news
Anne --

Thanks for pointing me to that solution. Do you it is customizable for a
directory that contains scores of subdirectories, each with several Word
files?

pjs

"Anne Troy" wrote:

If you know how to do one, perhaps you can use this to do all:
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=76
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"pjs" wrote in message

Is there a way to automate changing the security option of standard
Word
documents to make them read only or password protected? It's easy
enough
do one by one (Tools -- Options -- Security) but I'd go crazy having
do
this for several hundred. I'm using Word 2003 on a Windows XP platform.

Thanks.

pjs