Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Multi-coloured text in TOC possible?

Lisa, Suzanne:

Colors seem to behave if you delete the \h (hyperlink) switch from the TOC
field code.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...

Thanks, as always, for your attention to detail, Lisa. Seems like this is
something it might be worthwhile to bring up with the Word team, as it seems
to me that color should at least be handled consistently, though of course
it would be most desirable for color to be treated the same as other font
properties (italic, bold, etc.).

http://word.mvps.org

"Lisa Wilke-Thissen" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne, hi Stefan,

colors coming from theme colors, and being applied directly to text, seem
to be considered in the TOC.
But just "Text"-colors (Text 1, Text 2), not Background, Accent 1...) are
considered. However, the color in the TOC is not the same as used in the
main text:
{ TOC \o "1-1" \h \z \t "Title;2" }
{ TOC \o "1-1" \h \z \t "Title;2" \x }

Removing \h in the TOC, and additionally (or instead of) using the switch
\u, will reflect colors of main text in the TOC:

{ TOC \o "1-1" \z \t "Title;2" }
{ TOC \o "1-1" \z \t "Title;2" \x }
{ TOC \o "1-1" \h \z \t "Title;2" \u }
{ TOC \o "1-1" \z \t "Title;2" \u}

--
Regards from Germany
Lisa [MS MVP Word]

"Stefan Blom" wrote
OK, my limited testing seemed to indicate that all is now well (Word 2010
on Windows 7). If the issue occurs intermittently, I could have missed
it. :-(

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote
Interestingly, I'm not seeing that at all, even in Word 2010 (at least
not running on Windows XP--haven't tested in Windows 7).
Actually, worse still, I'm seeing it intermittently. I can get
blue to show up sometimes but never red. I thought perhaps
it was a distinction between theme colors and standard colors, but it's
not that simple.