Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Multi-coloured text in TOC possible?

Okay, you made me look. Fired up the W7 laptop and WLM and hit Reply to a
random post; sure enough, the text of the post I was replying to was quoted
with , as expected. The setting is in the same place in WLM as in OE: Tools
| Options | Send: News Sending Format: Plain Text Settings: Indent the
original text with [choice] when replying." Of course, that's available only
for plain text, not HTML.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
No, WLM doesn't add anything at all, as you can tell by looking at this
reply. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...

Does WLM not have the same option OE has to add those characters? I
haven't
used WLM much for NGs (I have it only on my laptop and use the laptop for
NGs only when traveling), but I thought I was posting pretty much the same
way as with OE.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Lisa,

This is off-topic, but I just have to ask if you are using some sort of
add-in to add "" for quoted text in WLM?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lisa Wilke-Thissen" wrote in message

Hi Suzanne, hi Stefan,

colors coming from theme colors, and being applied directly to text,
seem to be considered in the TOC.
But just "Text"-colors (Text 1, Text 2), not Background, Accent 1...)
are considered. However, the color in the TOC is not the same as used
in the main text:
{ TOC \o "1-1" \h \z \t "Title;2" }
{ TOC \o "1-1" \h \z \t "Title;2" \x }

Removing \h in the TOC, and additionally (or instead of) using the
switch \u, will reflect colors of main text in the TOC:

{ TOC \o "1-1" \z \t "Title;2" }
{ TOC \o "1-1" \z \t "Title;2" \x }
{ TOC \o "1-1" \h \z \t "Title;2" \u }
{ TOC \o "1-1" \z \t "Title;2" \u}

--
Regards from Germany
Lisa [MS MVP Word]

"Stefan Blom" wrote
OK, my limited testing seemed to indicate that all is now well (Word
2010 on Windows 7). If the issue occurs intermittently, I could have
missed it. :-(

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote
Interestingly, I'm not seeing that at all, even in Word 2010 (at least
not running on Windows XP--haven't tested in Windows 7).
Actually, worse still, I'm seeing it intermittently. I can get
blue to show up sometimes but never red. I thought perhaps
it was a distinction between theme colors and standard colors, but
it's not that simple.