Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How do I print documents with a background?

As Jezebel says, "Background printing" does not refer to printing of the
background. If you have used Format | Background, you have created a
background intended for a Web page, not a printed page. In Word 2003 (only),
you can choose to print this by checking the box for "Print background
colors and images" on the Print tab of Tools | Options. In previous
versions, the only way to accomplish this is to save the document as a Web
page, view it in a browser, and print from the browser with the printing of
background colors enabled in the Internet Options.

To create a printable background in Word 2002 and earlier, create a
"watermark." In Word 2002 and 2003, you can use Format | Background |
Printed Watermark. For earlier versions, see €œHOW TO: Create a Watermark in
Word 97 and in Microsoft Word 2000€ at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211324

"Sami" wrote in message
I can't seem to print a document with a background. I have checked Tools
Options Print Background printing , but it doesn't seem to work. It is
not showing up on print preview either.

Can anyone please help? Thanks,
Sami