One way to do this is to hyperlink the text to itself. Remove the Hyperlink
character style and use the ScreenTip text for your popup. Users will have
to have ScreenTips enabled, of course.

"hnyb1" wrote in message
Is there any way to have a note pop up when the mouse hovers over a

phrase,
or when a user enters a table? Basically, I have a word document (Word

2003)
that is not locked but is used by others like a form. It is intentionally
not locked and it is not an option to lock it. Some people would like
instructions to pop up when the user enters the table or when the header

for
the table is passed over. Similar, if you will, to the "comment" function

in
Excel. Not at all similar to the "comment" function in Word, because the
comment always show up there and even prints out. I have seen that there

is
a way to write a macro for a pop-up note to appear when the document is
opened. Anyway to modify that so that it appears when a table is

selected?

Thanks, in advance, for any help.