Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word 2007 will not open - Icon does not show properly

Delete the icon off the desktop and either right click and drag the entry
from Windows Start Programs Microsoft Office Word 2007 to create a
new icon on the desktop, or create a new shortcut to winword.exe in the
folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12

Elizabeth wrote:
Hi again.

After posting the original post I discovered an important piece of
information.

I can open saved Word documents or Word e-mail attachments. It is
just that my Word Icon will not open from either the Start Menu or my
desktop.

Thanks for the help!