Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Default window title file name

Hi GBP,

I'm not entirely clear if you're still also using Word 2000 or only Word 2003 at this point. You can add the 2003 behavior to Word
2000 through the use of an add in
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/SDIMDI.htm

In Word 2003 on Windows XP you have a couple of options. If you want only a single Word 'icon' on the Windows Taskbar even with the
'Windows in Taskbar option' turned on in Word 2003 you can 'hide' the separate icons, (actually group them) by setting the taskbar
options for Windows XP (right click on the 'Start button' and choose properties), or with the 'Windows in Taskbar' option turned off
you can use the Word Windows menu to switch between open documents, and each document has its own minimize/restore icon set within
the single Word 'frame' (pretty much the same as Word 97 at that point).

=======
" wrote in message ...
If I uncheck "windows in the taskbar" all the windows open in one single
window.
I would like to keep that option. I am refering to Office 2000. Where you
open each word file in a separate window and minimize it. In Office 2003 when
I open a document the following is happening
1.it restores a minimized word document
2.then invokes a new word window
3.the document is openend in the new word window.
4. Now I have two word documents that are visible on the desktop.

I wanted only the second one to be on my screen.
Is there a work around
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx