richardb

That worked. I created a custom size equal to the size of the #9 envelope.
Unfortunately, the printer forces large upper and lower margins. I thought I
could "fool" the printer by defining the custom document larger than the
actual size of the envelope. Surprisingly, I could not creat another custom
size in page setup. It kept reverting back to the original size.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Create them as separate documents, with the page size set to whatever the
envelope is.

"richardb" wrote in message
My envelopes include art work, so I can't use envelope printing under
Tools.
With previous printers I set up the envelope as page 0 of a document or I
formated the envelope on letter size 81/2 x 11. Neither works now. The
Phaser
8400 will not accept loading envelopes if you're printing from a full size
form. As to attaching the envelope to a document as page 0, every time I
try
to print with the envelopes loaded in tray #1, the paper selects from the
full bottom tray. This is true even if I "force" the top tray. If I load
envelopes in the bottom tray, the printer asks for full sized sheets. Can
anyone suggest how to print my custom envelopes?