Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Duplex Printing Landscape

Okay, so what you have is like a calendar. And this means that you are
flipping on the long edge, just the same as if you had a landscape section
in a portrait document and wanted the top to the left on each page. This is
what you would ordinarily get by default if you choose to flip on the long
edge, BUT there are some printers that perversely flip in the opposite
direction, and AFAIK there is no way around this except perhaps to get a
different driver for the printer. IIRC, the first inkjet I had output
landscape pages rotated one way relative to the portrait pages, and when I
updated the driver, it rotated them the other way; this was an issue with
single-sided printing, but it does illustrate that a different driver might
give different results.

FWIW, I don't know what you mean by "left-edge binding." I assume you mean
"short-edge binding," which will alternate left and right on the "inside"
(gutter). From your illustrations, however, it certainly appears that you
have all the printer settings correct. You might experiment with the
"Options for duplex printing" on the Print tab of Tools | Options, though I
believe they have more to do with which side is printed first.

From your later posts, however, it seems you've achieved what you were
trying for.

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:08:30 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

I can't tell whether you're describing what you want or what you get. You
also haven't described whether you're binding this on the short or long
edge, which makes a difference.

I'm a bit confused by talk of "binding", there is no binding. I guess you
could think of it in those terms though...

Imagine a landscape document, binding at the top. When I flip a page up, I
want the reverse side to be the right way up.

I can do it in Acrobat Reader, but for some reason Word always prints the
second page for left edge binding.