Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mjg8869 mjg8869 is offline

Default Spellchecking Bookmarks in Word

Thank you - but this didn't correct the misspellings in any of the Text Form
Fields (which appear in the bookmark list). Very frustrating. My users have
docs riddled with spelling errors because they were not caught on typing and
now they are unable to run spell check to find them all.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

mjg8869 wrote:
I have searched the Microsoft web site over and every piece of
literature I can find and no where am I able to find an explanation
why bookmarks are apparently not a part of spellchecking a document.
Could someone please provide me with a source for the reason and a
workaround if there is one.

Thanks.

You won't find it because bookmarks have no effect on spell checking.

Perhaps by "bookmarks" you really mean text form fields? In that case, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ProtectDoc.htm for a
solution.

--
Regards,