Greg Maxey

Dian,

That might have achieved the goals like providing:

a focus for your business plan, getting venture cap and what to tell the
IRS about what you do.

.... but since you charge a fee for this giving it seems to me that a more
likely reason for being is to make profit ;-).

I stand with those who feel the statements are basically worthless. That
said, I am glad to hear that you only spent about 20 minutes on yours.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Dian D. Chapman, MVP wrote:
They obviously didn't understand how to run the place and misused the
concept. Not to mention that the idiot who was running the place
should have been shot on site for that misuse of funds! ;-)

This is our statement for MouseTrax.com...took me about 20 mins to
consider it properly, write it and add it to our site...as our reason
for being.

"MouseTrax.com is dedicated to giving back to the community by helping
computer users fight the headaches of struggling to learn new
technology."

Dian ~

On Mon, 2 May 2005 06:25:06 +0100, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

I once worked for a public organisation that spent £40,000 of tax
payers' money to develop a pretentious mission statement, so
memorable that I cannot remember it; and we weren't allowed to add
it to our document templates, so as far as I am aware it was never
used. Mission statements are a weak substitute for management on one
hand and meaningless waffle on the other. I view any company that
uses mission statements on its documents as having too many staff
with too much time on their hands to waste money which they will
then add on to my bill. Give me good honest service that you can
see.