Dian D. Chapman, MVP

shrug That's your opinion and you're welcomed to it. I used to think
that way, too...then I became better educated about running a
corporation and learned differently./shrug

On Mon, 2 May 2005 09:37:04 +0100, "TF"
terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote:

Dian

I don't agree. Mission Statements are a load of bunkum and tommyrot*. If
they are for your staff, why the hell are they on public display? It is the
reputation for doing a job properly that leads to a successful company - not
a load of ******** hanging on the wall in reception. I work for a highly
successful service company: we turn away bad customers that we don't want.
We don't have a mission statement and never will have one either. We don't
have room on the wall in reception for starters - the wall is full of really
important notices such as Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, HP Centre of
Excellence, Citrix Gold...

Terry Farrell

*old English expression = bunkum - claptrap: tommyrot - utter foolishness

"Dian D. Chapman, MVP" wrote in message
.. .
: Which is why it is important to have it down in writing...to keep
: people focused on the ultimate goal of the company. ;-)
:
: Dian ~
:
: On Sun, 1 May 2005 22:20:24 -0400, "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]"
: wrote:
:
: The mission statements I've seen all say things about offering quality
: products/services, efficiency, etc. Well, duh! I certainly don't expect
them
: to be honest and say things like "We strive to drive our workers nuts by
: forcing them to take shortcuts, knowing that it will end up costing us
: warranty charges down the road."
:
: I guess I just hear a lot of lip-service and rarely see a company who
: *truly* carries thru with their promises.
: