Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mickie Mickie is offline

Default insert optional space after forward slash character

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your solution worked perfectly. I'll make a
shortcut key or a teensy macro to insert this work-around in the future.
Sorry it took me so long to reply--I forgot to check for a reply when it got
busy in the office.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert | Symbol | Special Characters: No-Width Optional Break

"Mickie" wrote in message
I want to insert an optional space after a forward slash character so if
the
slash is at the end of a line of text in a document, the word following
the
slash will wrap to the next line. For example, if I type
"debtor/creditor", I
want "creditor" to wrap to the next line instead of pulling the entire
phrase
to the next line. WordPerfect used to do this automatically.