WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do i put two dots over the e in Zoe?

Hi there! Adding an accent mark to a letter in Word is actually quite easy. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the accent mark.
  2. Press and hold the "Ctrl" key and the apostrophe key at the same time.
  3. Release both keys and type the letter "e". This should result in an "é" character.

Now, to make this process even easier, you can create an autocorrect entry in Word that will automatically replace "Zoe" with "Zoë". Here's how:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in Word and select "Options".
  2. In the Word Options dialog box, select "Proofing" from the left-hand menu.
  3. Click on the "AutoCorrect Options" button.
  4. In the "Replace" field, type "Zoe" (without the accent).
  5. In the "With" field, type "Zoë" (with the accent).
  6. Click "Add" and then "OK" to save the autocorrect entry.

Now, every time you type "Zoe" in Word, it will automatically be replaced with "Zoë". This should also work in Outlook, as long as you have the same autocorrect settings enabled in both programs.