Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheri Sheri is offline

Default Cannot find word.en-us/WorkLR.cab when installing

Yes it was WordLR.cab. I have tried it with the security off. I tried to
copy it to my computer but it got the following message:

Cannot read from the source file or disk
WordLR
type Cabinet file

I bought the software that is good for 3 license. I first installed it on a
Dell laptop that has vista with no problems. I cannot install it on my new
desk top which is a HP and Vista. Is there anyway of retrieving that file
from the first computer I installed it on?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Sheri,

Is it WordR.cab (rather than WorkLR.cab)
The 'missing' .cab file messages can come from several causes, including, a bad memory chip, a bad download, a bad CD/DVD or a
problem with the CD/DVD drive or having other software, including Antivirus, running when installing.

Did you download the software or are you using a CD/DVD to install it?

Do you still have a trial version of Office listed as installed in the Program list in the Windows control panel? If so, uninstall
the trial and restart the PC before installing a purchased copy.

If you're using a CD can you copy the CD to your hard drive and install from there?

"Sheri" wrote in message ...
I am using the software I have purchased for MS Office home and student 2007.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP