Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default word and Adobe Acrobat

I use Acrobat Professional 7 with Word 2007, and it works fine for how I use
it. But, I've never used the Adobe toolbar in Word (just the printer
driver), so I'm probably easier to please than most. I'm not about to fork
out the $$$ for 8.1 unless I absolutely positively need it.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
If you upgrade to Word 2007, Acrobat 5 will no longer work. You need
Acrobat 8.1 for compatibility and that could prove expensive. If you have
Windows XP and System Restore running, you could restore to a time when
you knew it was working and be careful about what updates you add.
You could try downloading the free PrimoPDF and 'print' to that. If that
doesn't work, there is something wrong with your document - probably some
form of corruption.

Frankie wrote:
I use word 2000 to write my catalog and then convert it to a PDF file
using Adobe Acrobat 5.0
I have done this successfully for over 6 years, without ever having a
problem! All of sudden, word docs can not be converted. Adobe reports
the word doc is corrupt.

I sent the error report to Microsoft and they say office 2000 is
causing the problem and to correct it I should upgrade to office 2007
because it is supported and office 2000 is not.

They do not say the problem will be eliminated if I upgrade to office
2007, just that I will then be eligible for support with the problem.
The program was running fine with no problems. Somehow a Microsoft
download caused this problem.

I can't afford to buy office 2007 just to let Microsoft try to help
correct a problem they caused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Frankie