Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Help with type a question box.

I still think you're clicking in the wrong place or under the wrong
conditions. It sounds like you're getting the toolbar menu you get when
right-clicking on the Menu Bar or a toolbar in Word when the Customize
dialog is not open (this menu does not appear when you right-click on a
toolbar or the Menu Bar with the dialog open). If you click in/on the "Ask a
Question" box *while the Customize dialog is open*, you will get the single
menu item "Show Ask a Question Box," with a check beside it.

Please confirm that this is what you are doing:

1. Opening the Tools | Customize dialog (in any of the myriad ways that can
be done--I usually just double-click on a toolbar).

2. With the Customize dialog displayed, right-clicking in the "Ask a
Question" box *on the Menu Bar.*

When you do this, you should get the single menu item described, which you
click to deselect it. When you close the Customize dialog, the Ask a
Question box should be gone.

"spysmily1" wrote in message
Thx again for replying Helmut but once again, I have no option to show or
hide that box. The only box I have checked right now is the Menu Bar box.
That is what I was told to uncheck earlier which that would be a bad idea
anyways. I can't even uncheck that box if I tried though. It's like it's

not
even allowed.

Appreciate the reply though
And it's not so much of me calling him an a**hole as it is him starting

out
by being childish and calling me stupid. He started it------JK!

"Helmut Weber" wrote:

Hi Suzanne,

once you know it, it seems so simple.
Starting from a menubar not showing
a "type a question for help"-box.
Right click in the menubar
customize
"type a question for help"-box appears
right click in "type a question for help"-box
left click in the grey box preceding
the "type a question for help"-box
nothing happens
close

There seem to be quite a lot of possible variations.

By the way, I hate constructions like
"type a question for help"-box.
The more so as it is called
"Ask A question"-box in the help.

Once again, "help" all to often is no help at all.

Calling Jezebel an a**hole?

Well, I think I blame MS more for the irritations than the OP.

I was confused, too,
though more moderate,
and suggested silly workarounds.

--