Posted to microsoft.public.mac.office.word,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Markus Ernst Markus Ernst is offline

Default Cross platform templates: Recommended graphics file format?

Hello

I make some templates in Word 2002 on PC and want to include a vector
graphic element which I designed in Adobe Illustrator. First I inserted
it in the EMF format which seemed to work well; anyway when opening the
template in Mac Word 2001 the graphic was distorted.

So I converted the graphic to a bitmap TIFF - the Mac displays it but
does not print it.

Thinking JPG was a real cross platform format I converted the TIFF to
JPG. Now it prints on both my Mac and PC, and I can live with the
slightly blurry look on screen - but now my client who has a newer
version of Mac Word told me she sees some white gaps in the graphic both
on screen and in the printout.

Is there a graphics format (preferred a vector format) that works on
both Macs and PCs?

Thanks for a hint!
Markus