Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default continuous page numbering through section breaks

Field results and auto numbers may display incorrectly when you are tracking
changes. This is by design in Word. As you have noted, accepting (or
rejecting) changes fixes it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
On Monday, August 24, 2009 1:16:01 PM UTC-5, jmc wrote:
The page numbering in footer returns to 1 after every section break in my
long document. I've repeatedly "fixed" this by clicking the "Continue
from
previous section" button in the Page Number Format dialog box for each
section and saved the document. But when I open the document again, each
section starts back at page 1. I'm using Word 2007, odd and even page
headers
and footers. What am I missing? Thanks.

I had this issue in Word 2013. I was making changes to a document with
Track Changes on when I set up the sections and used the macro included in
this post to fill in the numbers. The macro worked fine but when I save it
and reopened it, each section was set back to beginning with page 0. Turns
out I needed to accept all the formatting changes to create the
sections/headers and footers. THEN the page numbering would stick when
saved. Just another nuance!