Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I disable the start-up virus scan?

Read the last two posts in
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...4aedb071e6f80e
..

DidierRoux-Com wrote:

I had the same problem, but disabling the office plug-in in Norton did not
solve it.

"Word 2003 Virus Scanning STOP" wrote:

All Virus Scanning can be stopped: If your using Norton
Follow the below if you want to open documents much faster
Open Norton
Click on: Norton Internet Security
Click on: Options
Click on: Norton AntiVirus Options
Click on: Miscellanous
Click on: (Disable): Enable Office Plug-in

Hope this helps you out....
ted

"Fred Wagner" wrote:

Just installed MSOffice 2003. Running WIN XP-Home version. It takes 3.0
minutes for the main office programs (Word, Excel, etc,) to load, then
another 3.0 minutes to load each .doc or .xls file. During the file loading
process a "RUNNING VIRUS SCAN" msg appears at the bottom of the screen.
I want to know how to turn off the automatic virus scan feature.