Create your desired outline numbering as a set of styles and save these
styles in your template (by checking "Add to template" in the Modify Style
dialog for each). For more on linking outline numbering to styles, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

"wordsmith4407" wrote in message
I type minutes for several committees and like to use the outline number
list. But, I do not like the default version offered by Word.

I am able to create a custom outline number list via "Reveal Formating"
under "Formating" but must do so each time I create a new outline. Is

there a
way to save my custom outline number list and make it the default,

replacing
the version offered by Word?