Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default starting page numbering from 4th page

You need to insert a Section Break, Next (odd?) Page at the bottom of the
TOC page. Then enter H&Fs and move to the new section. Make sure that the
Same As Previous option is UNCHECKED and then start page numbering
(presuming that you want to start this section as Page 1).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"sangfroid" wrote in message

It has really been frustration .... I have been trying for a couple of
days to page my document so that it starts paging from the document's
actual page 4.... but no success ....

I have table of contents,index which don't require paging....

Office is really giving me pain.... how do i page it so that the page
number starts from page 4 ??

I will highly appreciate your help...

--
sangfroid