Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] john.kelly@tonari.com is offline

Default Tabs in word documents like Excel for multiple separate pages

On Friday, December 25, 2009 at 6:37:24 PM UTC-8, macropod wrote:
I soo want this feature! Why does Word not have this already?

Because Word isn't Excel. And the analogy between Excel tabs and Word pages is fundamentally flawed - each tab in Excel can contain

There is nothing wrong with the analogy between excel tabs and word...
It is pretty much just a different visual representation (with limitations) of the same thing...

I would suggest trying TABLE OF CONTENTS... which is the closest thing to tabs since it allows you to open a side bar on the window and click on whichever you want... thereby jumping to that page.