Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How to edit an existing style

On Tue, 10 May 2011 07:54:44 -0700 (PDT), Angus wrote:

On May 10, 2:07*pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
To "Modify" a style, open the Styles window (either type Ctrl-Alt-
Shift-S, or click the tiny x in the lower right corner of the Styles
group on the Home tab), right-click on the name of your style, and
choose Modify. Most of the parameters are under "Format" at the lower
left.

If you don't see your style name, click Options at the lower right and
choose Select Styles to Show All Styles.

On May 10, 8:55*am, Angus wrote:

Hello

I created my own style and now I want to edit it. *How do I do that?
It is in Word 2007. *Why is Word 2007 such hard work!

Angus

I created a list style called Headings which I applied to Heading 1.
If I select Headings in the list and click on Modify button a dialog
appears which shows properties of Headings 1. So how do I edit my
Headings style?

I created Headings list style as follows: on the Home tab, in the
Paragraph group, click the Multilevel list menu and choose Define New
List Style.

Angus

For list styles, it's critical to define them correctly from the start. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...g20072010.html for
instructions.

--
Regards,