Were you looking for "TableFormula"? Also, in the Table category, you might
like a button for AutoSum.

"Dana W. Ciardi" wrote in message
Greg - thanks!! Do you know I NEVER saw that ALL Commands before!! Why
can't Word alphabetize everything???

I don't know about your list - but my "All Commands" list goes from
"FormShading" to "FrameProperties" - and NO "Formula." I even looked at
every single item in the l - o - n - g list - thinking it might be
called something else - nada! Not there!

Of course they have EVERYTHING else on that list - why can't they have
SUM(ABOVE) and FORMULA???

Sometimes Excel is overkill and all you need to do is to sum a column of
numbers (in Word).

Oh, well.............

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
Dana,

I have the same configuration as you. If I have numbers in a cell above a
blank cell and numbers to the left of the blank cell and then click on the
AutoSum icon Word inserts a sum(above) equation. If there is no number in
the cell above then Word inserts a sum(lelft) equation.

You can create a formula icon on any toolbar you want. Right click your
menu bar and select customize. Click the commands tab, in the Categories
window select "all commands" in the Commands window scroll and find
"TableFormula" drag it and drop it on a toolbar of your choice. After you
have dropped it, right click it and customize it to your liking.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:
"Dana W. Ciardi" wrote in message
Using Windows XP Professional and Microsoft Office 2003 (Word 2003).

Is there any way that the default for the AutoSum in a table can be
changed to SUM(ABOVE) rather than SUM(LEFT)? I doubt that many people sum
left; I would think most people sum above, yet Word defaults to SUM(LEFT)?

Also - is there anyway you can put "Formula" on the toolbar? Even the
Tables and Borders toolbar doesn't have "Formula" on it, mandating that you
click Table/then Formula EVERY time you want to use it..... (I know I can do
a macro - but I prefer visibly seeing and clicking "Formula" on my toolbar.)