Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg[_4_] Greg[_4_] is offline

Default Scroll on Window Restore?

Terry Farrell wrote:

Thanks for the response!

That is strange

I agree.
and does not happen for me. Even if I have only been
reading a document and not actually done any editing or clicked the
insertion point, it still minimizes and maximizes to the same point. If
I have been editing, when I maximize, the cursor is still where it left
off.

I'm not sure what could be causing this. Are you using a standard
desktop with a standard mouse?

No, this is on a laptop (Lenovo N100), with a touchpad. It happens very
consistently, whether I minimize the window by mousing the "minimize"
icon or using Alt-space-n. It also happens whether I restore by mousing
into the taskbar, or use Alt-Tab to pick Word.

For the heck of it, I also tried it both auto-hiding the taskbar, and
not. Also whether I've been editing at the cursor point, or not. Still
the same, consistently.

As you said -- strange.

Another oddity, which may or may not be related: Shift-F5 when I re-open
a file never does anything. The cursor just stays at the start of the
document. I can set and go to bookmarks manually. This is similarly
annoying, but also scarcely lethal. I've seen others post things I could
do in normal.dot to fix this, but I've never done such surgery and am
reluctant to start.

--
Greg