Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg[_4_] Greg[_4_] is offline

Default Scroll on Window Restore?

Well, nit-picky technically I don't have a Thinkpad, but OK. Hard to see
how the hardware would cause this, though. Just a mystery, and I'm sure
not the only one.

Sad news about Shift-F5. Restarting where I last left off was something
I very much liked about OpenOffice Write. Maybe it will come back to
Word. Keep pressing!

And many thanks for the information.

Terry Farrell wrote:
I'm not sure what this can be unless it is a ThinkPad oddity!

Shift+F5 is basically gone in Word 2007(when reopening a document).
We've had long discussions about it with the developers and frankly the
reason for its removal seems very weak. Let's hope it will be back
restored some time soon. We will certainly continue pressing for it.

Terry

"Greg" wrote in message

As you said -- strange.

Another oddity, which may or may not be related: Shift-F5 when I
re-open a file never does anything. The cursor just stays at the start
of the document. I can set and go to bookmarks manually. This is
similarly annoying, but also scarcely lethal. I've seen others post
things I could do in normal.dot to fix this, but I've never done such
surgery and am reluctant to start.

--
Greg

--