Charles Kenyon

The only module you'll see in the Organizer from recording macros is the New
Macros module. The Organizer only copies modules, not individual macros.

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"V-ger" wrote in message
These questions may be connected (new installation of Word 2K3/XP on all
workstations at location):

1. Writing very simple macros (change printer bins, add page numbering,
etc.) work until Word is shut down then never work again;
2. When macro inserts page numbering, header disappears and returns when
page numbering turned off; and,
3. The Organizer for "normal.dot (global template)" shows no macros
created
- only New Macros so I can't copy them. I tried creating macros in the
normal.dot itself and on a blank page and get the same result in the
organizer.

I'm not certain if this is one question or two (or three). If I need to
repost, I can. I have turned the Security level to Low on each
workstation
and I have read everything suggested by MVPs and other techs in previous
macro posts but, so far, to no avail. Does 2003 work differently with
macros? Please, any suggestions as to why the macros aren't working.
These
are the same macros I have created for many other offices in other
versions
of Word and they work just fine - very simple. Please help. Thank you so
much, in advance.