Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JSweeney JSweeney is offline

Default how to write a complaint against a co-worker

Although I agree this newsgroup is designed to advise on technical...I would
like to offer advice that I hope will be helpful. It sounds as if the person
telling you to "sit there..." may have been a little frustrated himself -
probably because of the situation of being understaffed and that he had to
ask you to answer phones - not your regular job. Sometimes it helps to put
the situation in the context that "We're a team and we will all do what we
have to under the circumstances to get the job done." But I agree, you
should cool down a little, then consider talking to that person himself about
how his comments made you feel, or talk to your own supervisor about how the
incident made you feel.
--
JSweeney

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

This newsgroup is designed to advise on the technical aspects of using Word,
not to give advice on the *content* of documents written in Word. It is not
the best place to ask your question. Search the web for advice or examples
(using Google at http://www.google.com/ or another search engine), or use
your imagination.

You sound awfully angry though--you might write out your anger, but it would
be a better idea to toss that letter and wait until you've cooled down to
decide if you really need to do this.

On 11/6/06 12:45 PM, "jdgm" wrote:

this person at work told me in a condescending tone to 'sit there, answer the
phone and look pretty' that's pretty much how he said it but i took it as if
he's saying that i'm nothing more than a pretty face. i took that very
seriously. although answering the phone is part of my job, that's not my
main job. i'm an accountant and we're understaff righ tnow.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/