Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default File Disappeared

If it is a multi-user PC, there should be a desktop folder for each user
under C:\Documents and Settings. You will not be able to access that folder
unless you log in as that user or you have sufficient access rights. If this
is not the case then the file is presumably lost. The desktop is not the
best place to save files. Use your documents folder or a sub folder from it
to save your work.

Hasan wrote:
I am not on a network. I am on a stand alone PC which requires a
password to logon.. Nobody connects to this computer

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Note that, if you are on a network, you may not be allowed to save to
the desktop; the file may have been deleted during login.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Hasan" wrote in message
I have tried that a lot of times but it is just not there. When I
restore my system to 12th of May 2007 and when I open Office Word,
in the left vertical panel, it shows the same file but when I
click, it says, Not Found

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you tried searching for the file in Windows, in case it was

just moved
to a different location?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Hasan" wrote:

Hi,

I had a file on my desktop named as Expenses.docx - When I left
office on saturday evening, the file was there but today when I
came to office and started my PC, that file wasn't there. I tried
the system restore, it showed the previous data but that
particular file wasn't there. I have tried another recovery
software which shows a shortcut to that file but the original
file isn't availabe. How has it disappeared?

I checked the recent history on Word, I clicked on open file but

it said
c:...desktop...Expenses.docx not found

How can I recover that file?

Please Help!