Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Omatase Omatase is offline

Default Laying out a word document so that the html version looks the same as the .doc version

Thanks for the posting Suzanne! It sounds like a good tip.

I'm asking for any advice on what formatting tricks I can try to fix
it while in web layout view. I want to alter the document as little as
possible as these documents are also used for printing and will need
to work over the printer still. I realize it will be a delicate
balance and that is why I'm asking for help. Is there some sort of
literal object I can use in Word that will keep the picture boxes on
the right-hand side of the page? Something along those lines seems
like it would be the best solution for my problem.

The big picture is I have thousands of these documents that are
already in existence and that all look the same (with basically just
varying body text). I need to determine with the fewest number of
steps how to get them into a format that will be friendly with Word's
html generator as well as the printer. Then I can programmatically
change each of these documents to have the new formatting changes.