Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default using 3x5 cards in word

The Avery software is poor and does nothing that Word cannot manage on its
own.
The issue revolves around whether your printer can handle individual cards
(lots of printers will struggle with this paper size and will not have it as
an option.) If it will handle the cards but not the paper size, use the next
larger standard page size and adjust the margins to take up the difference.
Another plan is to set the PDF driver as the active printer driver which
will allow you to set zero or very small margins (note that the physical
printer will probably not be able to print to the edge of the card). Create
the PDF and print from that.

Karen wrote:
I need some help.... I need to type out 3x5 index cards, and can NOT
afford to purchase the Avery kit, so this means I have to fed in my
printer one at a time. However, when I selected the paper size in Word
to 3x5, it is not giving me much room. According to the margins it is
1/2 inch. I can type only two words, font 12 before it flips onto next
line.

I also want to be able to view the 3x5 card only, and then be able to
convert into a pdf file. Any suggestions on this?

Thank you!!
Karen