Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mensa Level[_2_] Mensa Level[_2_] is offline

Default Email Merge - Number Format vs Text

It seems to me that in previous versions of office - if I pasted special
values into my Excel merge data base it would flow through to the email merge
- now I have to tediously type in $ and commas in text formatting in order to
get the numbers to flow through properly. Otherwise it would just be
155553823.35
Does anyone know a better way?? I still want the commas represented in the
emails. Thanks!